Invisalign Treatment Near You
You’ve most likely heard of Invisalign either from television or radio ads. In recent years, Invisalign has grown in popularity as a means of receiving orthodontic dental care. This is because it’s a convenient and subtle way to straighten your teeth and correct your bite. Invisalign is a great option for both teenagers and adults alike. Our dental clinic here in Yaletown offers Invisalign for patients who are seeking orthodontic treatment; contact us today to see if this course of action is right for you.
But what is Invisalign, exactly?
Invisalign is a form of clear aligner therapy. This means that instead of utilizing metal arch wires and brackets like traditional braces do, clear trays are used instead. These trays are customized to fit the dimensions of your mouth and exert gentle yet constant pressure on your teeth.
Every few weeks, you’ll return to your dentist to receive a new set of trays. On average, Invisalign treatment lasts from 12 to 18 months. However, this is heavily dependent on your specific dental case and the adjustments that need to be made.
The Benefits of Receiving Invisalign
There are several advantages to receiving Invisalign, including:
1. It’ll boost your self-confidence!
2. It’s more comfortable. Unlike metal braces, Invisalign trays won’t irritate your gums or cheeks because of the special plastic that it’s made from.
3. You don’t have to alter your diet. The clear trays are meant to be removed when you eat, drink, and brush your teeth.
4. They’re easier to clean. Since they are removable, that means it’s a lot simpler to keep your trays and your teeth clean. All you have to do is pop them out and rinse them in lukewarm water.
5. Less dental appointments. Usually, you’ll have to return to your dentist to have traditional braces tightened every four to six weeks. With Invisalign, you’ll only need to come in about every six weeks.
For more information on receiving Invisalign near you, don’t hesitate to contact our Yaletown dental clinic today! We’ll walk you through the process from start to finish so you know what to expect.
Receiving Invisalign in Yaletown
The first step to this process is coming in for a consultation. This is important so that your dentist can develop a clear picture of your oral health. They may take x-rays as well. Once it’s been decided that Invisalign is indeed the best solution for you, your dentist will get to work creating your aligners. This can be done through special handheld dental technology like an iTero scanner, a device that creates realistic, 3D images of your mouth.
This information will be sent to the dental lab to fabricate your aligners. Once they’re made, you’ll come back to receive them. And then, your journey towards obtaining a beautiful new smile will officially begin!
Are you looking to receive convenient Invisalign treatment near you? Our local dental clinic is here to help with that. Give us a call at (604)-609-2020 or visit our website to schedule an appointment today. Everyone deserves to love their smile, and our staff is here to help you achieve that.